1) Playing football makes us grow up tall and strong. Playing football gives us a sense of fair play and team spirit .
Playing football not only makes us grow up tall and strong but also gives us a sense of fair play and team spirit .
There is a new classroom building in one side of the road. There used to be a playground on the other side before . But there is a library now. there are all kinds of books , newpapers and magazines in the library. There is a new playground in front of the school .There are a lit of trees in and d around the school.
On one side of the road there is a new classroom building. On the other side , where the playground used to be, now stands another new building---our library , in which you can find all kinds of books, newpapers and magazines. The playground is now in front of the school .We have also planted a lot of trees in and round the school.
I’m writing to tell you about the discussion we’ve had about
whether an entrance fee should be charged for parks.
Opinions are divided on the question. 60% of the students are
against the idea of entrance fees. They believe a public park should
be free of charge. People need a place where they can rest and enjoy
themselves. Charging entrance fees will no doubt keep some people
away. What is more, it will become necessary to build gates and
walls , which will do harm to the appearance of a city.
On the other hand, 40% think that fees should be charged
because you need money to pay gardeners and other workers, and to
buy plants and young trees. They suggest, however , fees should be
1) English is useful in the future.
English is of great use in the future.
2) The old man was hit by the car when he was crossing the street.
The old man was knocked down by the car when he was crossing the street.
3) People live happily here.
People lead a happy life.
1) In 1950, the percentage of world population living in cities was 30%.From 1950 until the midterm of 1990s’ , the percentage increased to 40% . By 2010 , the projected percentage will have increased to 60% or so.
In 1950, the percentage of world population living in cities was 30%. From 1950 until the midterm of 1990s’ , it increased to 40% . By 2010 , the projected percentage will have been up /risen/ gone up to 60% or so.
2) I like reading while my brother likes watching TV.
I like reading while my brother enjoys watching TV.
1) They lived in a small room.
They lived in a small poorly built room shared by the whole family.
2) Mr. Smith will speak at the meeting .
Mr. Smith , chairman of the committee, will speak at the meeting .
3) He was knocked down by the running bus.
Stepping carelessly of the pavement ,he was knocked down by the running bus.
4) She said to me “ Happy birthday!”
She said to me with a smile on her face “ Happy birthday!”
5) I don’t believe it.
No matter what you said, I don’t believe it.
1) He hoped to win the prize.
He had the hope that he could win the prize./ His hope was that he could win the prize.
2) It’s necessary for people to have a rest and enjoy themselves.
People need a place where they can rest and enjoyed themselves.
3) With your permission I’ll go away.
1) Although he is a child, he has to practise playing piano from Monday to Saturday.
Child as he is , he has to practise playing piano from Monday to Saturday.
2) I didn’t realize my mistake until you pointed out.
Not until you pointed it out did I realize my mistakes.
It was not until you pointed it out that I realize my mistakes.
3) We are glad to see such great changes in out school life.
How glad we are to see such great changes in out school life.
历年状元推荐的：英语倒装句练习题及答案 高考英语备考句型半倒装句型 英语倒装句型 ：完全倒装使用方法 如何提升自己的作文等级? 如何让自己的作文更有文采？ 高中英语语法非谓语动词解题技巧 推荐学习视频：高一、高二、高三视频（注册后免费学习20小时） (本文字数：2399)